Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Monday, February 15, 2016

Broken bonds: When the state severs family ties  

Broken bonds: When the state severs family ties  : Times Argus Online:





Annette Thornhill is putting money aside for her Amtrak fare and a hotel room so that she can journey north to celebrate her grandson’s third birthday on April 8.
The child is Thornhill’s son’s son.
“I want to bring him his present,” she said of the trip she must make from New York City to Rutland. “I want him to know me.”
The thing is, as of Feb. 4, the Rutland family court terminated her son’s parental rights.
Now Thornhill must visit the baby she bathed after birth and nuzzled to sleep at his Rutland foster home, as long as the toddler’s foster mother gives her permission to see him.
According to the Vermont Department for Children and Families Commissioner Ken Schatz, there is little recourse for grandmothers and extended family once parental rights are removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment