Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Can Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Be Misdiagnosed?

My stolen granddaughter was diagnosed with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, by Nashua DCYF's cohort Hospital two day's after her birth. Two day's after discharge paperwork was signed off by three Nurses and the Hospital Social Worker that stated my granddaughter met ALL criteria for discharge.
My daughter's pregnancy was considered High Risk, due to a myriad of complications. The cohort Clinic attempted to test her for gestational Diabetes, but the slime they made her drink wouldn't stay down. It came right up, just as everything else had. The Clinic went no further with testing, although a simple blood test would have given them the answer they were looking for.
Through my research of the last 9 1/2 years since my granddaughter's kidnapping by the State, I have come to the conclusion my daughter indeed suffered from Gestational Diabetes throughout her pregnancy. She had ALL the symptom's. Her daughter was born at 35 1/2 weeks at the weight of a full term baby.
Untreated or Poorly treated Gestational Diabetes can cause a baby to be born early. It can also cause a baby to be born bigger than normal size at full term.
See:http://www.livestrong.com/article/74132-complications-diabetes-newborn/

Also:http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001597.htm   Infant of Diabetic Mother
The infant is often large for gestational age. Other symptoms may include:
  • Blue or patchy (mottled) skin color, rapid heart rate, rapid breathing (signs of immature lungs or heart failure)
  • Newborn jaundice (yellow skin)
  • Poor feeding, lethargy, weak cry (signs of severe low blood sugar)
  • Puffy face
  • Reddish appearance
  • Tremors or shaking shortly after birth

Treatment

All infants who are born to mothers with diabetes should be tested for low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), even if they have no symptoms.
If an infant had one episode of low blood sugar, tests to check blood sugar level will be done over several days. Testing will be continued until the infant's blood sugar remains stable with normal feedings.
Specific systems most often affected
a) Central Nervous system
The infants tend to have an increased startle reflex and are tremulous during the 1st 3 days of life, although hypotonia, lethargy, and poor sucking may also occur. Seizures, if they occur are due to hypoglycemia or hypocalcemia. Mechanism for low calcium is as follows: The mother with Type 2 Diabetes is likely to have decreased blood Mg levels (due to (1) excretion in kidney and (2) increased insulin-mediated uptake into cells). Low Mg levels in the infant inhibit the parathyroid gland to respond to hypocalcemia through the release of PTH.
My granddaughter was never tested for low blood sugar even though she had some of these symptom's
Neonatal abstinence syndrome Symptoms
  • Blotchy skin coloring (mottling)
  • Diarrhea
  • Excessive crying or high-pitched crying
  • Excessive sucking
  • Fever
  • Hyperactive reflexes
  • Increased muscle tone
  • Irritability
  • Poor feeding
  • Rapid breathing
  • Seizures
  • Sleep problems
  • Slow weight gain
  • Stuffy nose, sneezing
  • Sweating
  • Trembling (tremors)
  • Vomiting
Many of the symptom's are the same in both cases. Misdiagnosis? I'm sure it was!
My granddaughter was never tested for low blood sugar even though she had some of these symptom's.
My research tells me, my daughter DID have Gestational Diabetes, left untreated just like everything else she suffered from during her pregnancy. And yes, I  believe she was misdiagnosed as I've stated all along. And how can a baby be diagnosed with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome when the cohort Hospital fed the Mother Morphine by IV for 19 1/2 hours in labor because the baby was Placenta Previa, who should have been born by C-Section, but was instead forced to deliver vaginally?
And yes, I believe my granddaughter's kidnapping by the State was planned from Day One. And they knew from the start who they were placing my granddaughter with. Foster stranger's who moved to NH from Massachusetts, who did not meet Residence requirement's, along with a few more tidbit's I've found throughout my research that lead me to believe the Stranger's were "Chosen" by DCYF before my granddaughter was even born.

No comments:

Post a Comment