Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Friday, August 20, 2010

What are "Life Skills"?

AFRA EDITORIALS
By Leonard Henderson
July 31, 2010

What are "Life Skills"?

I have used the term for many years, in this fashion-

Once CPS kidnaps the kids, ALL of the girls are going to be raped, and MOST of the boys are going to be corn-holed in state custody. Children are 11 times more likely to be abused in state care than they are in their own homes, and 7 times more likely to die as a result of abuse in the foster care system.

MOST of the kids are going to be doped out of their heads until they "age out", to be dumped on the street with NO education, NO life skills. The only thing they learned is how to be a "consumer of public services".
I toss the words "life skills" around often. As if I think people know what the words mean. As if I know what the words mean.

So, I will attempt to put definition to the words "life skills".

On the most basic level, a "life skill" is learning how to conduct yourself civilly with other humans.

A "life skill" is being responsible for your own words and actions.

A "life skill" is learning how to LEARN. If you think school is really about "education", you are sorely mistaken. Yes, you can learn how to read, write, and do arithmetic in school. Beyond that, it's pretty much up to YOU to take over your education. They can't make you learn anything. You have to realize that actually LEARNING something involves YOUR desire to know and YOUR desire to put out the effort to learn. It used to be that school merely taught you how to LEARN, and their teaching you how, involves memorizing lots of meaningless and useless information. As Mark Twain said- "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education".

I myself came to the realization that "Knowledge is humbling because the more you learn, the more you realize how much you don't know". The most arrogant and pompous (considering themselves great wise geniuses) people I have ever known, were some of the most autocratic and unpleasant people on the earth. A suitable word I found for them several years ago was insolent. Another word I found was petulant. I brought the subject up, because being an a$$hole is not actually a "life skill" but a lot of people think it is.

Back in "pre-modern" times, a "life skill" was knowing how to grow your own food, store it, how to get the meat and prepare it to eat. Another highly useful "life skill" was knowing how to build shelter, a home. Another "life skill" was generally how to build THINGS you need.

The term was "self sufficiency", learning how to take care of yourself and make your own way in the world.

THAT is an almost totally lost skill. You aren't going to learn that in college, let alone growing up in state custody. That's why the term "Best Interest of the Child" really grates on me.

And THAT is why the system doesn't want any daddies left who know how to teach those "life skills".

Gross incompetence and utter dependence on the system is what they want.

Would you care to take 3 guesses why?

I have heard . . . that people may become dependent on us for food. I know that was not supposed to be good news. To me that was good news, because before people can do anything they have got to eat. And if you are looking for a way to get people to lean on you and to be dependent on you, in terms of their cooperation with you, it seems to me that food dependence would be terrific." -Sen. Hubert H. Humphrey, in naming P.L. 480 the "Food for Peace" program, Wall Street Journal, May 7, 1982.
COMMENT on this story

"Better be wise by the misfortunes of others than by your own." --Aesop (c. 550 B.C.) legendary Greek fabulist

If CPS hasn't attacked YOUR FAMILY yet, see If you are ever approached by anyone from social services.... and WHEN THEY COME AFTER YOU

Learn as much as you can, as fast as you can at How To Fight CPS

Get YOUR VERSION OF HISTORY ON THE RECORD with your Sworn Declaration

Leonard Henderson, co-founder
American Family Rights Association
http://familyrights.us
"Until Every Child Comes Home" ©
"The Voice of America's Families" ©

I am not a lawyer and I do not pretend to give legal advice. If you need legal advice, see AFRA's Lawyer Friends who certainly are not pretenders (http://familyrights.us/info/law) I merely relate the things I learned in the past that seemed to work in my own case or things that others have related to me that worked in their cases. I provide information for free and do not expect to receive any form of payment or reward on this side of heaven. Therefore, DO NOT rely on this information as legal advice. Real Legal advice would come from a real lawyer who hates CPS and prepares a VIGOROUS DEFENSE against a negative (proving nothing happened) instead of talking you into a plea bargain (http://familyrights.us/bin/The_Problem_with_Plea_Bargaining.htm)

http://familyrights.us/news/archive/2010/july/what_are_life_skills.html

No comments:

Post a Comment