Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Testimonies: Losing your children to foster care

Testimonies: Losing your children to foster care

by Frances Gordon

While I am firmly against child abuse, molestation, and neglect. I have seen and been subjected to the cruelties, and ridiculous standards most foster care systems hold to the birth parents, but not hold those same standards to the very homes they send our children too. While they do classes, and go through all the rigorous training of being a foster parent, it's not near what they require of the birth parent. In many cases, Families are ripped apart by a simple phone call, and Social Services finding what they consider neglect or abuse. If you don't have enough food in the cupboards, If you don't have proper shelter, If there's even a hint that you have abused, neglected, or threatened their lives, in anyway, even if it's simply been an allegation, not even proved. Every State is different, some are better than others in different ways. But no matter what state, many times, they tend to pick on the ones in poverty. And the Social Services have full and complete jurisdiction as to where your kids are, whether you get to keep them, or they choose to take them away, there have even been times when they have gone into a home, and fabricated some things, so that they can take the kids. This isn't just hard on the parents, this is devastating to the children. And then when the children are having emotional difficulties in their foster homes, I wonder why? They are ripped away from what they know to be their home, their shelter, the place that they are loved and belong. I could go on and on, but I will only do it in segments. Helium is trying to help me develop better writing skills, which is great, but I just don't feel that you can edit the heart. The Truth is the Truth, and despite the confusion, or sloppy the writing, I am not alone, and that is what tragedy does to you. You are enveloped in so many emotions, and thoughts, that this is how it feels, and this is what happens. The more honest we are, and willing to take a stand and say, this is what is happening to me, the more we can overcome and take steps into a better direction. When you lose your kids to child care, it's worse than death. You don't know if they are hurt, or scared, or cold. And you have no way of comforting them and telling them it's going to be all right. You have no ability what so ever of keeping them safe from harm, and making sure that they get what they need. And that is the worst of all. Many of us, fear, what if they get hurt, or worse, die, and we weren't there to prevent it. Oh, our heart breaks are many. I've watched horrible people do horrible things to their children, and get away with it because they knew the art of deception and manipulation. And I've watched mother's cry themselves all night and all day, with their stomach turned inside out for their child, just because the system is severely flawed. You can Reject this one too, if it's not good enough for you. But this is from the heart, that is who I am, and that's what I do. Raw, straight from the heart. There are people out there that need to know, they are not alone. Furthermore, the people need to know, what's really going on.

http://www.helium.com/items/191529-testimonies-losing-your-children-to-foster-care

3 comments:

  1. Dot, you're really on top of things and are posting great articles. You know I stole 'em, don't you? Of course I link back to you, as always, as I want you to get as many readers as possible. You know you're always welcome to anything on mine as well. I just like letting you know that I find your posts so newsworthy that I just have to share. Sometimes doing anti-CPS blogs is a thankless, horrible job as we read some of the most horrific things but it's so important. I just want you to know how much I appreciate all that you do for this fight. We couldn't do it without you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank's Brenda. I try to pick the most powerful articles I can find.We need to show our government the abuse aimed at families. We couldn't do it without you either. I'm on a mission. Take what you like. I'm happy to share and get the word out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a mum of four beautiful children, 3 boys and one girl. I live with my husband and my mother, but only two of my children, because my youngest was placed into foster care, the other because of a docs intervention which placed him in kinship care.
    Thankyou for your beautiful article. I found it very well written for something so incredibly meaningful. You applied tact where some have failed, and unfortunately it paints an even worse picture for those of us who hadn't been criminal when children were taken. I love my children dearly, as do the rest of us. And the typical reasons for most families' loss (it would seem) wasn't even the case for us, as we do not smoke, take illegal drugs, drink alcohol, or even hurt our children. And yes, some of the stuff they brought to the courtroom was fabricated on the last leg mostly, so we wouldn't be able to say so when they spoke last. For instance, I'm certainly not schitzophrenic. I'm sure the doctor would have told me if I was.
    I fear for every parent in societies where these figureheads reign, because even perfectly innocent families are terrorized by these "services" who claim the best of intentions. No parent is safe from pointed fingers. It might only take a phone call from someone you thought loved you and your family who felt you had slighted them in some small way, like not picking up the phone often enough. Anyone can claim anything, and it very commonly goes on behind the parents backs without any resolution to any problems being sought with the parents first.
    I know that DoCS are looking to take my other two children. I feel like a cache cow, among other things. A pig on a hook at a butchers shop being rejected for the feast even might be a fitting, if somewhat gruesome analogy.
    One thing I have heard parents say over and over again is "I never thought it would happen to me." Especially when they did everything they could for the welfare of their children.
    I don't know how this could change, but I would like to see it do just that.
    Thankyou for having so much heart. I count every human who has one with a blessing. I hope whatever deity you love, or whatever guardian you may have, takes good care of you. You are precious, and rare.

    ReplyDelete