Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Child Protection Investigator Accused of Falsifying Documents

Tampa, Florida – Child Protection Investigator Accused of Falsifying Documents

The Hillsborough County, Florida Sheriff’s Office will be changing how it handles child abuse cases. The changes are due to the recent resignation of Heather Stokes, a child protection investigator who has been charged with falsifying documents.

An internal affairs investigation revealed that Ms. Stokes allegedly falsified and / or fabricated twenty five investigations. Ms. Stokes has said that she did so because she was overwhelmed by the number of cases she had to deal with. She resigned shortly after the results of the probe were brought to her attention. She is the second investigator from her office to resign after being charged with falsifying documents. According to the Tampa Tribune, no children or families were harmed by the falsifications.

Investigators will now be required to photograph every child at their home, and place the photo in the case file to prove that they visited the child when they said they did. Supervisors will randomly review cases and make up to thirty quality assurance checks every month.

Statewide, more than seventy Florida child welfare workers have been caught lying about their activities in the last two years. When caught, workers almost always point to work overload to excuse their behavior.

Ms. Stokes has avoided criminal prosecution by performing more than two hundred hours of community service.

Read more about the falsification of child protection documents in Florida at Falsifications bring change in child abuse cases.

Posted by David A. Wolf

http://www.floridachildinjurylawyer.com/2010/02/tampa_florida_child_protection_investigator_accused_of_falsifying_documents.html

1 comment:

  1. I need advice ASAP! My family is now in Unified Family COurt because of the same - a CPI did not do her job proberly. Never followed up on the to allegations which I provided proof for so she took it straight to court and falsified records. Now my family has been torn to pieces. It's a long story, but fact is case never should have happened. Bottom line is CPI now wants me to sign a doc w/o giving me time to seek legal advice to turn my 2-year old over to my soon to be ex only b/c I have been unable to complete their "tasks" when we have not even gone to court to check in and I have been the only parent w/o any family help having to work full time to support my child because the father has not helped out financially at all. I have no idea what my rights are or what to do and am scared to death of loosing the light of my life. Can they do this? If anyone has any suggestions please respond immediately to the.seo.goddess@gmail.com apparently I have until 8AM today to "change my mind" about refusing to sign the document which she showed up at my house with last night at 6:30PM PLEASE HELP!

    ReplyDelete