Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Foster Parent Speaks Out About Abuses of CPS/DCYF in the Removal of Children

A foster-adoptive parent speaks out on challenges
January 10, 2010

The allegations have not discouraged me from continuing my mission as a foster parent. Actually, the circumstances educated and enlightened me. I will speak out for every family torn apart by the child welfare system, reaching out to educate them on how to protect their family. Will these people who responded go public with me? No. They do not want to become DSS’ next victims.


But the concerns are the same, and they are things I have seen myself. Lying. Divide-and-conquer practices. Disrespect. Child removal on a whim. In the center of any of these situations is a power struggle.


Parents, whether biological or foster, think they have a certain amount of control surrounding the children. However, some social workers are determined to show them they are wrong.


What I have experienced is a system that has turned into power, control and hate. Where has the love for the children gone?


No one moves more than a foster child, and these moves are made alone. Imagine moving from place to place wondering what you did wrong, and waiting for someone to tell you why your parents are not coming to get you. This current system is lacking in the distinction between child abuse/neglect and parenting some social workers don’t agree with.

Betsy Ross, Elkton, Md.


http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100110/OPINION10/100109017/1004/OPINION/A-foster-adoptive-parent-speaks-out-on-challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment