Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Friday, February 20, 2009

Fighting for My Grandson Austin

This is a picture of Austin and Grampie, taken at a visit at the childrens home, AKA Orphanage.

The bottom picture is of Austin on a pamphlet, looking for adoptive parents. We are the only family he knows and wants and we will never give up fighting for his return.



My husband and I have been fighting for the return of my grandson for over three years now. He was taken from his mother in January of 2006, at the age of six. DCYF and the Judicial system do not follow Federal mandates in the kidnapping of children. They place children in foster care instead of with relatives, where they belong.
Austin was placed in a foster home and then placed in a childrens home due to his inability to see his grandfather. His behaviour became unbearable for the foster strangers due to Austins love of his grandfather. He tried to hang himself from the bunk beds in his bedroom. Soon after he threw a television at the fosters. He was then admitted to an adult psychiatric hospital by the DCYF caseworker. We spoke to him once on the phone while he was there. He was extremely happy talking to us. The Doctor even said his whole demeanor had changed. He realized exactly what was troubling Austin. He wanted his Grampie.
As soon as the caseworker found out we spoke to Austin on the phone, Supervisor Tracey Gubbins oredered no phone calls and no visits. The only ones allowed contact were the foster strangers.
Austin was put on psychiatric drugs and placed in a childrens home, AKA-Orphanage, almost seventy miles from home. We visited him a few times and then visits stopped. I was accused of talking about his mother. By the way, Austin was told he no longer has a mother. He was told this way before his mothers rights were terminated. What a sick thing to tell a child. I believe visits were canceled because I told him she is his mother and always will be. He is severely brainwashed and severely traumatized. Each time we left, the poor kid would stand at the end of the driveway with sadness on his face. You could see he wanted to come home with us. He has told the counselors, CASA and DCYF caseworkers that he wants to be with us. Whenever asked what can be done to make him happy, he tells them all he wants is Grampie.
Austin and his mother lived with us the first three years of his life. Every day after work, I ran right in to see Austin, where we played for hours. My daughter later got married and moved out, but we still saw Austin every day. He spent every weekend with us and came over every day after school. The pain, Austin, as well as my husband and I have endured, is unbearable. We have done nothing wrong, yet we are labled as trouble makers, because I will not give up this horrble fight. Austin belongs with us. No child should have to go through what Austin has gone through.
DCYF has placed a huge poster of Austin at their cohort hospital in Nashua, NH, looking for someone to adopt him. He is now nine years old and special needs. I am going to try to put the pamphlet on this blog, which accompanies the picture. This is sick. Their treating kids like animals looking for homes for them.

4 comments:

  1. I am aware of your long struggle to fight for what you know is just and right and commend you on all you have done in the state of NH as well as bringing awareness to many media outlets to contact anyone and anyone in government as well as your endless court battles that they have brushed of to the side and then they pull this !!! I know your pain , You are one strong grammy as well as your daughters and I am sorry . You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you. I too am a BANNED grandparent.
    Dept. of Human Services does everything it can do to separate families - thus creating a never ending supply of clients - forever ... and the $$$ keeps rolling in ....
    I just can't imagine the world - in 15 years or so - with all of these damaged children running around - trusting no one .. mean and angry.
    My grandchildren are now angry and depressed .. after two years of DHS "care."
    You are not the only one... there are many of us out here ... thing is - we are the only ones listening...
    No one else wants to have their "nice day" disturbed by thoughts of chidlren taken for money ... so friends begun to shun us ... it is a lonely life, being a DHS victim.
    I too - keep fighting - and am labeled a troublemaker...
    My grandsons mean more to me than anything...
    This is so wrong - and no one seems to listen or care...
    blessings to you,
    c

    ReplyDelete